Drivers Education Class & Behind The Wheel
Youth Programs / Driver's Education -
Chisago Lakes Community Ed offers a state mandated 30 hour classroom course along with 6 hours of Behind the Wheel instruction for one fee. The one fee allows us to offer our program at a lower cost.
If you have completed the 30 hour classroom at a different location and would like to complete the behind the wheel through our program, please call 651-213-2603 for more information.
For more information on the permit and license process, please go to https://dps.mn.gov
In-Person 30 Hour Classroom schedule
- Mon-Fri March 15- 26, HS Lecture Hall
- Make-up Date: Monday, March 29 2:30-5:30 pm HS Lecture Hall
- Monday March 15 from 4:00-4:30 pm in the HS Media Center
- Permit Test- Online or In-person appointment, go to https://dps.mn.gov
Students Bring To Class:
- Drivers manuals may be purchased at the Lindstrom City Hall or Chisago City License Bureau
- They may bring their tablet to view the manual
Parent Meeting Information:
- Parents are highly recommended to attend this meeting to receive a contract to be signed and returned, receive information and ask questions regarding the program.
- If you are unable to attend the parent meeting, paperwork will be sent home with your student.
- Due to a new law, there will be an optional Supplemental Parent class right after the parent meeting from 4:30-5:30 pm. Parents who choose to stay for the Supplemental Parent Class will result in lowering your student's supervised driving log from 50 to 40 hours. For more information on the law and the log, go here.